My bush is loaded with blooms, maybe now is the time to try some rose of sharon recipes
10 min 10 min prep
|20||rose of sharon fresh edible flowers|
| ||1 cup cottage cheese|
|1/2||cup plain yogurt|
|20||rose of sharon fresh edible flowers (petals only, coarsely chopped)|
| ||herbs, and spices of your choice (optional)|
- Remove pistils and stamens from flowers. Set aside.
- Process cottage cheese in blender till smooth.
- Transfer to nonmetallic bowl.
- Stir in yogurt and flower petals. Add herbs and seasonings. I used chopped green onion, fresh basil, thyme, oregano and rosemary, with a dash of Greek seasoning.
- spoon the dip into the center of the flower.
- Garnish with chopped petals.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for best flavor.