Saturday, January 26, 2008

miracle preventation or placebo (Does it matter?)


Used at the very onset of a cold, even before the symptoms manifest themselves, I have found this product to be amazingly effective.
When I experience that slight, almost subliminal tingling at the back of my throat, I start aggressively using this spray. I will even keep it beside my bed so that when I wake up in the night I can spray in my mouth.
It seems to somehow stop the process of the cold progressing any further.
I also use this product as a preventative when I am in a setting where there are lots of infective agents (for example any classroom where I am substituting) or even if I have been out in public and someone has sneezed on or near me (hey, I'm not paranoid, really..)
other things I take regularly are turmeric (curcumin) and lots of vitamin C. there is also a lot of research on cumin that is very promising for a host of other ailments. (google it for yourself!)
In my experience these things DO NOT work for me:
Echinacea, Ginseng

No comments: